DAVID REDOR (Crazy DAVE) Site officiel - Official website

David REDOR informations

52 marathons within one year of United States of America

David Redor’s Challenge 2016 – A 50th story – And eleven marathons in eleven consecutive days!

Between November 28 and December 2, David Redor ran five marathons in five days straight in San Antonio, Texas. Saturday, December 3, he took part in the Baton Rouge Beach marathon in Louisiana before running another marathon in San Antonio on Sunday December 4.

Together with the four marathons of the Quadzilla the previous week, Redor ran a total of 11 marathons in 11 days!

Nothing can stop David Redor who is racing towards a truly remarkable feat: 100 marathons in one year! Indeed, while the San Antonio marathon on December 4 is the 50th marathon of the 52 that David was supposed to run in 2016, it is actually his 83rd of the year if we add up all the extra marathons he has run.

Let David Redor tell us the story of his December 4 race, the Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio marathon.

Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio Marathon: A strong finish despite the downpour!

After having successfully run five Gobble Gobble marathons (1st place for all but one) in San Antonio and the Baton Rouge Beach marathon in Louisiana, I went back to San Antonio to run my eleventh marathon in eleven consecutive days.

I got up at 6:30. The weather was not really good and the run would be challenging. I took my papaya supplement Immun’Âge®, ate a delicious pink grapefruit for breakfast and got dressed. As rain and wind were forecasted, I got my armor out: two layers on top (a rain/windbreaker with my running shirt on top) and leggings to protect the legs. Combat ready! For my 83rd marathon, I attached the # 83 bib on the back of my runner’s shirt.

I walked fifteen minutes to the start located downtown. There was a lot of wind, it was slightly raining and the weather was supposed to deteriorate during the morning. There were a lot of participants for this marathon and we had to start in corrals. I expected to start at least twenty minutes after the gun went off and I was not in a hurry.

I got to the start area at 7:25 where I watched the wheelchair athletes and then the elite runners take off. When I realized that I did not have a corral number on my bib, I took place in the corral 7 that I could easily access and ended up crossing the start line at 7:40. It had stopped raining but the wind was still blowing.

There was no traffic jam at the start of the race, and I could take off right away with a good pace. The course started downtown. It was flat with fast changes. I reached km 5 in 33 minutes. There was no Gatorade at every aid stop, which I found strange for such a big marathon. I stopped to take a picture in front of the Alamo and resumed my run. At km 8, it started to rain again.

I reached km 10 in 1:06. We entered the Japanese Tea Gardens, a beautiful park. The rain intensified and turned into downpour at km 12! It was raining cats and dogs by then and the streets were flooded: we were paddling in a few inches of water in some places. We had seen the day’s forecast and had to make do! Luckily, my outfit protected me some and it was not so bad even though I was quite soaked. We kept running in these difficult conditions and I reached km 15 in 1:39.

It stopped raining all of a sudden at km 16, and never rained again. We only had to deal with the cold wind. At km 19, the half-marathoners left us. We ran straight ahead on a large avenue. I reached km 20 in 2:13 and the half-marathon in 2:20, which was not that bad considering the race conditions and the series of marathons that I have just done.

A lot of great live music played along the course where people here and there were encouraging us. Several runners congratulated me. A runner took my picture while others asked me about the “83 marathons” on my back that they found completely surrealistic. That was cool.

I reached km 25 in 2:45. We ran through several parks where we came across the runners leading the race. The wind was swirling badly, hitting us from all directions. I reached km 30 in 3:18. I felt well and motivated to keep a steady pace as I realized that I was going to finish in less than five hours. At km 31, we turned around and headed toward the city. I met Parvaneh who had organized the quintuple marathon and was the 5:30 pacer. I greeted her and went on.

The temperature got warmer. Without the wind, the conditions would have been perfect to run a marathon. I passed many runners whose legs had started to stiffen as it is often the case after km 30. I reached km 35 in 3:53 and knew that my finish time was going to be good. I decided to speed up. We got closer to downtown and ran through a beautiful residential neighborhood.

I reached km 40 in 4:28. We ran on two large avenues before the finish line which I crossed in 4:44 (real distance in 4:42). I got my medal, took again three packets of Immun’Âge®, took a few pictures, and drank a cold beer before going back to my hotel.

This marathon was very engaging: the course was flat and fast, the atmosphere and live music great. A pity about the weather but we had been warned…

My eleven consecutive marathons series is done. I am going to rest and enjoy the sun of Hawaii and will talk to you next Sunday after the Honolulu marathon. The weather there should be much better:

Have a nice week.


Leave a Reply

You are donating to : David Redor Challenge

How much would you like to donate?
$10 $20 $30
Would you like to make regular donations? I would like to make donation(s)
How many times would you like this to recur? (including this payment) *
Name *
Last Name *
Email *
Additional Note