Challenge : To run and finish within the cut-off time one official marathon in each of the 50 states of the United States of America, Washington DC and Nassau (Bahamas) within 52 weeks starting on January 1, 2016. To list this achievement in the Guinness Book of Records.
Marathon Calendar (Certain dates to be confirmed or determined):
Extra Wenesday 7 LAKE TAHO CALIFORNIA
Extra Saturday 8 LAKE TAHO CALIFORNIA
Extra Sunday 9 LAKE TAHO CALIFORNIA/NEVADA
Extra Saturday 22 LAKEHURST NEW JERSEY
– 66 marathons since 1997 including 3 unofficial marathons around the Island of Saint Martin, Caribbean.
– Two 100 km ultra marathon Millau races, France (2009, 2012).
– 3 Olympic distance triathlons: Toulouse 2006, Albi 2004 (France); Philipsburg 2015 (Dutch Sint Marteen (Caribbean)
– 12 marathons in 2012.
– 11 marathons in 2014 including four in six weeks.
– 2013 St Croix International Marathon (US Virgin Islands); took the lead twice from two 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games runners.
– 2012 Santa Claus Marathon (Alaska), 11th place, the only French runner that year. http://www.athlinks.com/Events/241902/Courses/341764/?search=redor
– Qualified for the 2009 Grand Raid de la Réunion, a.k.a. “The Madmen’s Diagonal”, a mountain ultra marathon race (732 runners) in the French island of La Réunion in the Indian Ocean.
– 11/12/2015: 15-km (9.32-mile) swim between Saint Martin-Anguilla (Caribbean); longest distance ever swum between the two islands.
MEDIA COVERAGE :
- Direct Web link via SXMINFO, online news website for Saint Martin and the world (webmaster of official website David-redor.com).
- French public national TV coverage in the sports program “Stade 2” (Host: Céline Géraud).
- US Coverage via several TV channels (to be determined).
- Press articles in French newspapers such as l’Equipe (national daily sports newspaper), la Dépêche du Midi, all newspapers in Saint Martin, among others.
SxmInfo, Immun’Âge, EGD Finance, Rock’n’Rhum Café, Linkwork Ventures, Sushi & Juice, Loubsol, Super Bikes, YellowBeach Sxm, Coconut Tree’s Go-Karting, La fac, Mac Donnalds, MB Coaching, Serigraphix, SporTech, Mac Donald Avignon, Cube.
If you would like to support and sponsor David’s challenge, please click DONATE in the home menu and fill out the form. Thank you!